Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

6.25.2005


Proximity Alert...
Location: Maintenance Depot
...
Next Scheduled Technician... 1315 h
...
Raising Alert Level...



Power trickles through my memory banks and core, upping my awareness level. According to my internal atomic clock, it is 0400 h. I am running at 2.250000% power currently, in a limited awareness mode.

Someone, or something, has disturbed my "slumber".

ANDGates flip, and capacitors discharge their stored power, as I activate my IR and basic RADAR scanners, doing a cursory scan of my environment. The scan takes 0.000054 nano-seconds to complete. Such a long time is to be expected when not running at full combat awareness mode.

The garage is empty.

It is unusual for a machine such as myself to "awaken", as it were, even to such a limited level, without reason. After devoting a full 0.750000 seconds to the matter, I file this event away for future study. Re-routing power, I set my sub-routines to doing periodic scans of my immediate vicinity every 10.000000 seconds. I must return to my "resting" state, as I have been called upon by my new colleagues to fight alongside them. Mission start time is in T -2.500000 h.