Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

6.15.2005

I Sleep All Night and I Work All Day...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...
...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel
...
Transmission Start...


Ugh. No me likey "All-Nighters". However, dems da breaks. Of course, if we were properly staffed, and allowed to operate outside of "Micromanagement Mode", nights like this would be fewer, if any at all. So here I am, 0130 hours, working two projects, and rebuilding a server. Yay me. Don't get me wrong, my local management team is actually one of the better leadership structures that I have had an opportunity to work with. It's the guys further up the food chain that make the majority of the stress and emergencies around here. My local management has fought for us pretty hard, and has made some progress. I am afraid to ask them for much more, though, as I'd rather CONTINUE having them as managers, and not see them looking for employment.

As I said, "Ugh."

The real question is, can I feasibly leave this job, and go back to my true passion.

BTW, anyone dealt with those guys at that link before? I've seen too many of those types of "shops" come and go, and seen too many people waste their money on the so called "programs", ultimately losing their schools... Though they do have Kathy Long and Joe Lewis on board.... hmmmmm

Please note that I am allowed the freedom to have this "poor-me" session because of the efforts of people who sacrifice more than I do. God Bless them all.

End Transmission...