Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

9.11.2005

I Remember...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...
...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel
...
Transmission Start..
.

My eyes hurt. Stinging, actually. So I decide to leave my contact lenses out. My fiance is waiting impatiently for me to finish getting dressed so we could go to the gym.

Ugh. 0500h is WAYYYYY too early. (45 minutes left in our world as we knew it)

Do the usual stretching, some bag work, leg work, upper body...

Treadmill time.

BORRRRRING. Can not wait for sparring tonight. 'Tis a bit more exciting. Only thing to do is either zone or watch the TV mounted up ion front of me. However, as my earlier choice indicated, I am unable to see anything clearly beyond 5 feet. Looks like some kind of smokestack. Must be some piece on industry pollution or something.


Time to zone out fer a bit.

All done with the workout. Why are all those people staring at the tv in the snack area?

Well, we're home. Looks like the shower is taken and no double occupancy this morning. Oh well, can't win 'em all. What's on the news today?





...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?!? What's going on?!?!

That was what I remember of my morning on September 11, 2001. Back then, we ALL knew, every single American, that we had just been attacked.


And that our retribution and vengance would be swift, terrible, and unstoppable.

The company that I work for lost three people that day. We will not forget. A plaque dedicated to their memory is located inside our front entrance. That day, we united as a Nation. Politics were dropped, grievences momentarily forgotten.

Where were you? What were you doing when we were attacked and we finally recognized the war we were in?

End Transmission...