Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

9.13.2005

The Things Guys Do...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...
...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel
...
Transmission Start...


So, you leave a guy (unsupervised) to do something food / clothing-wise, and the results are usually comical.

Ever wonder why young single guys are usually lean, hyperactive, and do not feed themselves well? The answer is really simple. They do not have wives / girlfriends that cook for them on a daily basis. Dinner becomes a sliced hotdog with cheese on a tortilla heated in the microwave for 45 seconds. And that's the night's that we feel like "cooking" versus just popping open a can of whatever we bought last month.

Take me, for instance. It took my wife a year to get me to stop wearing Browns and Blues together. And when I make dinner, I better MAKE dinner (got away with takeout the other day, w00t!). When I pick my own clothes in the morning, The Wife starts humming Johnny Cash songs.

So I'm sick right now. Little Man, aka The Plague Bearer, brought somethin' home from the play area at the local mall. The Wife caught it first. And now I have it.

Yay kids.

So, I am tossin', turnin', and have a runny nose. I'm not getting to sleep any time soon, so The Wife sez, "Go make yourself some Thera-Flu." (I have the regular cold and cough, not that maxed out stuff - lemon flavored, even)

OK.

Well, I looked where she said it was. Not there. Hmmm... what else makes me feel good. Hot Chocolate! We have some of that! Look there's the Hot Chocolate packets. Heat a cup of water... wait, I shoulda used milk, 'cause we have NesQuick! Oh well. I'll use the packet stuff.

Oh, hey, wouldja look at that... there's the Thera-Flu. We'll just add that, too.

So now I am drinking Hot Chocolate Lemon Nestle TheraFlu. Mmmm-mmm.

End Transmission...