Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

9.26.2005

Um... Where'd Everyone Go...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...

...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel

...
Transmission Start...


So it has been pretty crazy around here. I have not had a chance to post in several days (ok, I've had more than one chance, just not motivated to do so).

I am slammin' at work. Tons to do, and tons more lined up behind it. Why do they have to be so friggin' successful? Makes me work harder. *sigh*

My education is cruisin' along. I am studying for my next test, and it is a big one. It would be better if I had time to play with this stuff at work. However, I am in Desktop, so I am limited to administrating our single Desktop File Server (managed to scrape together a Dell Precision 530 Dual Xeon 1.5 Ghz, slapped some SATA drives in for data storage... sweet!). No touchie anything cool that one normally finds in a server room.

Throw in Family Time, and my day is packed full.

Oh, and The Wife is preggers with kiddo #3. Apparently there is somethin' around here that keeps makin' that happen. Haven't quite figured that out yet. I hope we do soon.

We booked a babysitter (my mom) for this Friday so that The Wife and I can have a Date Night and go watch the new Firefly movie! Yay, Date Night! For those of you who are thinking of getting married, ALWAYS remember to set up at least one night a week to have a Date Night. Way super important! It lets you relive the fun from when you were single and had fewer responsibilities; at least for a few hours.

Anyone watch the new episode of Monster House tonight? Is it just me, or is that homeowner somewhat familiar?

As for news happening, well, there is all of the hurricane happenings. (To donate goods / services / etc. click here or here)

And in television, it has been a sad year:

July 20th: James Doohan dies from Alzheimer's



September 7th: Bob Denver dies while receiving treatments for cancer


September 25th: Don Adams dies from a lung infection


Then we have the unbelievable happen. A grieving mother gets hoodwinked by anti-war factions as their poster-child (mother), contradicts herself, and then (imnsho) becomes a ghoul who is actually happy about her circumstances (read - her son's death), as now she is "somebody" when she was "just a regular person" before. Truly tragic.

Like I said, things have been busy this week.

End Transmission...