Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

10.11.2005

Well, Crap...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...

...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel

...
Transmission Start...


This does not bode well. The Wife's system has been REALLLLY slow as of late. She decided she would prefer to start over with a clean wipe. Fortunately, we make certain to set up our systems such that reinstalling / reformatting the System partition does not erase our data, just our OS and proggys.

I verified that her data was in the correct place, and reinstalled the OS. Booted up just fine, started installing chipset drivers (weird, this system is acting a bit sluggish still, even during setup).

Rebooted.

...
...
...
...
...
...

Uh-oh.

One would think I would have some sort of backup solution in place at home considering I work in the Information Technology industry.

Yeah, if I canna recover data, it means lost data, but more importantly, lost pics of our kids.

If I do not update this blog by 10/18/05, please begin search and recovery efforts to find my body!

End Transmission...