Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

8.04.2005

Better And Better...

Secure Communication Request Sent
Awaiting Response From CENTCOM...
...
Response Received - Switching to Encrypted Mode Channel
...
Transmission Start...

Wow. I thought this show was pretty cool. Then they make this one:

MEDAL OF HONOR

World Premiere: Thursday, August 4, 8-10 PM
The Medal of Honor is the most distinguished military award in the history of the Armed Services. Almost always presented by the President of the United States, the Medal of Honor is the highest decoration given for valor in action. To date, the Medal of Honor has been awarded to 3,440 recipients, and of these, a mere 129 soldiers are still alive today. Through on-camera interviews with these surviving honorees, supported by archival footage from the very battles in which their moments of valor occurred, MEDAL OF HONOR shares their courageous, intense and often painful stories of heroism.

I watched it, and it was inspiring. One thing that you note when watching, is how each and every one of these guys consider what they did "something that needed to be done". None of them considers themselves a hero. In most cases, their squad was in trouble, and they dinna take too kindly to that.

Of course, it is entirely possible that I am just spewing what I have been programmed to say based upon my brainwashing.

"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Wow... my brain IS clean! Yay!

End Transmission...